Sunday, July 17, 2022

Even if We Disagree (Monday Morning Music solo style)




Over the past several weeks there has been so much in the news about so many things that people have taken a stand for or against. There have been protests and all out violence and fighting over the many laws and decisions being made in the higher courts. Our state capitals all over the country have been flooded with people from both sides yelling and chanting their views at the opposite side of the issues. 


Right now many people are at odds with some of their family members and friends because they disagree on the issues in today’s news. It has resulted in severing ties with friends and shunning family. It is a sad state of affairs.


Over the past few weeks I have talked with family and friends and realized that for some we are miles apart on our opinions, And for many more we are differing with some things but actually closer than I originally was feeling before talking together. It is amazing how when we can speak one on one to each other, from the heart, and share honest thoughts, we aren’t miles apart as it may seem. We are just people trekking through life trying to make some sense of all that bombards us every day.


This is a one take song I wrote that came from the many conversations about things that we may disagree on. Whether I’m right or wrong in my thoughts and opinions I only ask that we hear each other out and continue to talk with one another. Peace everyone.

You can hear the song on the podcast ( https://anchor.fm/susan-engstr-mcauliffe/episodes/Even-if-We-Disagree-Monday-Morning-Music-solo-style-e1l0t36) or over on the website: www.solidrockminnesota.com )



Even if We Disagree

Susan Engstrom McAuliffe


I’m standing right beside you not knowing what to do

Should I think my thoughts or pretend to think like you.

We’ve always got along even when we disagree.

But now it seems so hard there is no guarantee  

Will we stay together even when these times are tough

This world has all gone crazy and its getting mighty rough

                  

Can't you see we can be all we claim to be

We can be together even when we fall apart

It is not for me to judge you or for you to say I’m wrong

We need our hearts together if we’re to get along


So I’ll let you speak your mind any time that you feel the need

But you let me have my words even if you don’t take heed

This world right now’s crazy and we need to make some change

Let’s hear each other out even when the words seem strange

There’ll always be something that lies within our heart

We may disagree but don’t let it keep us apart.

                  

Can't you see we can be all we claim to be

We can be together even when we fall apart

It is not for me to judge you or for you to say I’m wrong

We need our hearts together if we’re to get along

No comments:

Post a Comment