Sunday, October 2, 2022

Minnesota Nights




Several years ago we were up in the BWCA, the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. For anyone who has never been there, it is a vast wilderness of pine trees, water and solitude for the soul. It borders Canada and the Quetico Provincial Area. It requires packing your supplies in and out by backpack and canoe. Portaging a canoe can be short little hops across land into another lake, or miles of portaging through rough steep hills up and down to the next put in at another lake. When people speak of God’s country, the BWCA is in the top running.

We have been there and on the outer edge of the area many times camping and a few times actually in the BWCA. And I have never been let down by the beauty of the sights and sounds around me. This is a song I wrote when we were up there one night and I sat by the campfire and took in all that was around me. It was a clear night and the sky was filled with the Northern Lights dancing all around in the sky in all different colors. Enjoy
To hear the song please go to the website and download the podcast at:
https://solidrockminnesota.com/

Minnesota Nights
Susan McAuliffe

Been up to the mountains, walked down by the sea
Home is where I put my heart, the place I choose to be
Sometimes my life’s been lonely, but it taught me how to cry
Now I’m lying ‘neath the Northern Lights of a Minnesota night.

The moon shines down on the lake tonight, the loon calls out her plea
The pine trees tall in the forest deep, have set my heart free
Sometimes my life gets crazy, but I’ve always gotten by
Standing ‘neath the Northern Lights of sa Minnesota Night

The lone wolf howls in the darkness, trying to find its way
Walks beneath the Northern Lights into that promised day
I’ll reach my destination, just keep looking to the sky
Walking ‘neath the Northern Lights of a Minnesota night.

No comments:

Post a Comment